The NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) is actually the popular and widely recognized health and safety qualification in the world. It efficiently offers an ideal grounding in the important field of health and safety. This qualification successfully caters the academic requirements for a technician membership (Tech IOSH) in the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), and an associate membership (AIIRSM) in the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
Before taking the exam, you will take the course for;
The NEBOSH IGC Certificate is the initial stage for everyone looking for a best career in health and safety fields; actually it can be built easily upon with some other essential NEBOSH qualifications. It is excellent for the people who want to get any comprehensive knowledge about health and safety and is much suitable for company managers, supervisors and all staff members with who are having any kind of health and safety responsibility.
After completion of course;
Once you done with this course, it is quite expected that you can:
- Easily understand some important legal framework, moral and economic requirements and also the implications for best standards in health and safety in your organization
- Promote, communicate and develop a very effective health and safety culture in your organization
- Successfully identify some best important features of a health and safety policy, its preparations and performance review of a health and safety audit
- Efficiently recognize the importance of some proactive and reactive health monitoring measures
- Identify popular and most common hazards in your offices and can carry out multiple risk assessments, like record finding and review procedures
Top tips to consider before passing the exam:
Here are few important tips that will help you out in passing the exam conveniently
- Understand important keywords:
Nebosh igc exam uses some important keywords to assess the examinees’ level of understanding. In order to score well, we need to understand the keywords usage properly in the questions. Here are some examples:
- Define; Provide some short accepted definition
- Describe; Give some detailed word picture
- Explain; provide best account of, and reasons for
- Give; Provide without explanation (generally used with proper instruction to provide the example…)
- Identify; select and name
- Outline; Give some best important features
- State; provide less demanding form of just ‘define’ or where there is no accepted def
- Get an idea what examiners will know from the answers:
Read all the short and long questions thoroughly. Give all the details whatever is being asked of you. Sometimes keywords sound familiar, but if you will give the wrong explanation, then the examiner will definitely not give you any points for it.
- Attend some revision tests:
Actually this aims to familiarize you with the way NEBOSH exam is fully packaged. By attending these, your guides, mentors and all the trainers will successfully able to assess how much more you want to review and will guide you to a successful result.
There are many more tips that can help you pass the exam, but if you will follow the above tips efficiently, you will find it quite easy to pass the exam. Moreover, it’s also important to get the NEBOSH IGC course from a reputable institute, in this way it would be easier to get understanding of the entire course and you can implement the best knowledge practically in your organization.