If you need the help of the roofing services in Tonbridge experts, then you are going to want to know if you would need to fix or even replace the entire surface. You should make sure that you are thinking about how old the surface is and what the level of damage is before you can make the best decision. Go ahead and keep reading on to find out more about how to know what your options are, including how long your surface would last for and much more.
Warning Signs to Look Out For
When it comes to roofing repair services there are always warning signs that you would need to look out for, especially if you recently had a huge storm. A few of the top signs to look for includes:
- Missing or curling shingles
- Rot, moss, and discoloration
- Shingles granules found on the patio or porch and in the gutters
- Sagging in spots
- Indoor leaks
Another thing to consider is the age of your roof since all materials have a lifespan that you should be aware of. Asphalt shingles should be replaced after around 15 to 18 years while laminate shingles can last for 24 to 30 years and shake or wood shingles can last for 30 to 40 years. However, a metal surface can last for around 30 to 45 years and clay tiles for 50 years before they would need to be replaced.
Repair and Replacement Options
The next thing that you need to consider when it comes to roofing repair services are what options you would have in terms of replacement or fixing the surface. A few of the top options that you could look at includes:
- Replacing some shingles – If there are a few shingles that have been blown off the surface after a storm or other weather. However, before you go this route you should have an inspection undertaken to see if there is any other damage that is underlying before the fix is completed.
- Patching areas that are damaged – Numerous homeowners think that if there has been any damage from hail that it might just be easier to fix the section that is damaged. However, this also could have a lot more extensive damage than you can see from the outside, so let the experts come over and take a look at it before you decide to go this way.
- Covering up the existing material – Another option that you would be able to do is to add more shingles over the current layer, which might seem like an easy fix. This might not be the right way to go though since the damage that is underneath would just become worse and worse over time. Also, this can become very heavy, which can be more weight on the surface and cause more sagging or damage.
- Partial replacement – The final option that you can go for is the middle of fixing the entire surface and replacement, which is partial replacement. This is going to be done on a single side of the surface and this is a great way to save yourself money if you don’t need to replace the entire surface. This can be done so that all of the old materials are removed and you would get a new surface that will last longer.
These are just a few of the options that you are going to have to consider and look at when it comes to your exterior surface and what the experts recommend. Ensure that no matter what you are doing you are calling them in so that you can get their opinion regarding what option is best suited for your needs.
Don’t be afraid to call the roofing services in Tonbridge experts if you are having problems with leaks or even damage after a severe storm. They will be able to help you with figuring out what the best way to solve your problems would be, which could include a partial replacement or any other options. You should always let them undertake an inspection of the surface before any decision is made so you can see the extent of the damage and what is going to need to be repaired.