Good sleep is essential to good health, so choosing the best king mattress for your bed is a very big and very essential decision. As something you use every single day, your bed is one of an essential piece of furniture in your home. If you have a king size bed, you should naturally choose the best king size mattress that you can afford. With all the various types of mattresses available in the market today, this can seem like a daunting task. You will also need to make sure that you can safely get a king mattress into the room where it will be kept. Doing your own research before heading out to shop for king size mattresses is really a smart move.
Do Your Research Educate yourself on different mattress options:
- Search online for the top selling types of king mattresses today. Look for authoritative online sites that will have unbiased information. Find out how various types of king mattresses are constructed. Learn what types of materials are used inside the king mattress for support. You can read reviews on each type of mattress to find out why consumers choose them, what type of advantages each style that each double bed mattress has. Bookmark the sites you find useful.
- Visit all retail websites that sell the various types of mattress which you are interested in. Compare prices to get a good idea about the cost for each type of king size mattress. Look for all manufacturers and retailers that offer twin extra-long mattresses and compare those prices too. Investigate each retailer’s or manufacturer’s warranty, in home trial and return all policies.
- Take notes as you can conduct your online research. Use your printer to take print out of any material that you feel is essential to your buying decision. Put your notes, printed material and a few blank pages that are together in a folder of a shopping guide.
- Take measurements inside of your home to make sure that you can manipulate a king size mattress through any hallways, doorways, staircases or other areas that you will need to move the mattress through in order to place it on your bed. Remember to measure your bed or bed frame to make sure that it is a standard of 76 inches wide by 80 inches long and not a California king (72 inches wide by 84 inches long). Use a steel measurement tape measure for the best accuracy. Add your measurements notes to your mattress shopping guide.
Visit All Mattress Showrooms Lie on the mattress to see how it feels:
- Take your double bed mattress shopping guide to some of your local mattress showrooms or stores. Take off your shoes and lie down on each type of king size mattress that you are interested in buying. Bring your partner to evaluate individual space and how the king mattress handles every movement of the other person.
- Talk to the salesperson in the store. Ask about the king mattresses’ warranty, length. Compare the information from the salesperson with the notes you have from the Internet.If you have an adjustable bed frame, you must look for king mattresses specifically designed to be flexible enough for this type of bed. Estimates or notes on prices to your guide. Leave each showroom with information, not a purchase.
- Return to your home with the shopping guide and additional information from each showroom. Make a list of each store that you visited.